An Interactive Presentation and Performance
Exploring the Science Behind Sound
- Students learn about the scientific and musical properties of sound waves (amplitude/dynamics, frequency/pitch, etc.) by participating in interactive activities using app-based technology to visualize learning objectives.
- All students participate in an interactive musical performance with members of TCP, reinforcing the learning objectives on percussion instruments custom-designed for this project.
- WAVES is designed for 3rd-6th grade students (9 years old to 12 years old). Ideal audience size is between 60-150. Audiences may not exceed 150. Two performances can take place in one day, or possibly more upon request.
- No prior musical experience is necessary for students to participate in the musical performance of WAVES.
- One teacher or volunteer is needed for every 15 students, to supervise and assist in passing out percussion instruments to students in a safe and expedient manner.
- Video projection required, minimum 2-hour load in before first performance.
- Read more about WAVES and TCP’s other STEM to STEAM initiatives – click here.
- Click here to download more information and complete technical requirements for this program.